Friday, January 31, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII

February 2nd, 2014 6:30pm on Fox

Seattle Seahawks (13-3) vs. Denver Broncos (13-3)

With the conference championships in the books I am 6-4 with my picks. So the good news is I am finally above .500. The bad news is another football season is almost over. But we should have a great game to end the season, both conferences sending the team with the best record to win all the marbles. I hope the weather will not be a part of the story and as of right now it does not look like it will be.

If weather is not a factor the advantage shifts slightly to the Broncos and the sentimental favorite Payton Manning. However, while Manning may not face any weather issues he and the number one offense in the league will face the number one defense. One of the greatest offensive minds will face one of the best cover defenses in the game (yes I do think Richard Sherman is one of the best cover corners in the game). But these are not the only units which will have a say in this game.

The Seahawks’ offense is good. With their defense playing at such a high level, they have not been called on often to be one of the best. The same can be said about the Broncos defense which has benefited from being aligned with the highest scoring offense in the league. I think the matchup of Seahawks offense against Broncos defense will be the key to the game. This is where I give the Seahawks the advantage. I think the Seahawks win their first Super Bowl championship.  I am not giving a score on this one as I am not sure if it will be low scoring or a shootout. Either way it should be fun to watch.

What do you think?

No comments: